The Senate version of the farm bill was marked up in the agricultural committee on Tuesday. This first pass must now go to the full Senate floor for approval which is expected to happen as early as today. Tuesday’s three and a half hour debate of the bill, formally named the Agriculture Reform, Food and Jobs Act of 2013, passed out of committee on a vote of 15-5. Four Republicans [Roberts, Thune, Johanns, McConnell] and one Democrat [Gillibrand] voted against it.
“Senate Agriculture Committee Chairwoman Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich is the champion in negotiating this bill through at record speed and in securing priorities for the organic agenda. Here are some of the organic highlights of this first pass:
- Authorizes $16 million in funding for each of FY 2014-2018 for the Organic Agriculture Research and Extension Initiative.
- Authorizes $5 million in mandatory funding for each of FY 2014-2018 for the Organic Production and Market Data Initiatives. Includes reference to completing organic price elections in the Risk Management Agency’s portfolio of responsibilities.
- Authorizes $15 million in funding for each of FY 2014-2018 for the National Organic Program (NOP). Also authorizes $5 million in funding for the NOP to carry out a modernization and technology upgrade.
- Grants NOP enforcement tools it needs to maintain the integrity of the seal, while maintaining due process protections for organic certificate-holders.
- Requires organic price elections for crop insurance to be completed no later than the 2015 reinsurance year.
- Merges the Agricultural Management Assistance and National Organic Certification Cost Share programs, and funds it at $23 million for each of FY 2014-2018.
- Requires Secretary to ensure that outreach and technical assistance are available, and program specifications are appropriate to enable organic producers to participate in the Conservation Stewardship program. Also requires Secretary to establish a transparent means by which producers may initiate organic certification while participating in the program.
- Requires Secretary to give priority when making or guaranteeing loans under the Conservation Loan and Loan Guarantee program to those who would use the loans to convert to organic production.
The House will mark up their version in committee today at 10:00 am and we expect philosophical and regional splits among Republicans and Democrats over our priorities. Please take the time to contact your Representative and tell them to fully fund the organic agenda. I will be on the Hill in person doing just that! http://agriculture.house.gov/about/membership
18 thoughts on “Organic Farm Bill News: Wednesday May 15th”
CREDIT TRUST FINANCIAL LOAN SERVICE
We give out our Loan in USD($) and GBP(£) and any currency of your choice.
Are you financially Squeezed?
Do you seek funds to pay off credits and debts
Do you seek finance to set up your own business?
Are you in need of private or business loans for various purposes?
Do you seek loans to carry out large projects
Do you seek funding for other various processes?!
Loan up to $1,000,000.00
Attractive Interest Rate & Processing charges
Speedy loan processing
No security/collateral required.
Flexible repayment options
Part Payment Option upto 25% of principle outstanding in a year
Personalized and professional service.
* MARITAL STATUS———-
* PHONE NUMBER————
* MONTHLY INCOME———-
* PURPOSE OF LOAN———
All interested persons are to fill the application form
and send it back to us Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
and we promise to make your dreams come true.
THANKS AND REGARDS
CREDIT TRUST FINANCIAL LOAN SERVICE
Hey would youu mind sharing which blog platform you’re using?
I’m planning to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having
a hard time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution annd Drupal.
The reason I assk is because your design and style seems different then most blos and I’m looking for something completely unique.
P.S Apologies forr getting off-topic but I hhad to ask!
I am using WordPress and love it!
This post is genuinely a fastidious one it
helps new the web visitors, who are wishing for blogging.
It’s enormous that you are getting thoughts from this paragraph as well as from our argument made at this place.
Thanks for one’s marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you will be
a great author.I will make sure to bookmark your blog and
will eventually come back later on. I want to encourage you continue your great work,
have a nice holiday weekend!
Thank you so much! Keep reading!
Fabulous, what a website it is! This weblog presents helpful data to us, keep it up.
Sent from my iPad
Greetings! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a
quick shout out and tell you I really enjoy reading
your articles. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same subjects?
This is really interesting, You’re a very skilled
blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to
seeking more of your wonderful post. Also, I have
shared your web site in my social networks!
Hi there! Quick question that’s completely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly?
My web site looks weird when browsing from my iphone4.
I’m trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to resolve this problem.
If you have any suggestions, please share. Thanks!
The secret with these dresses is to allow them to
float. Throughout the past lingerie or “could under garments” has been viewed as boring, boring, then one that’s shed off instantly before
you make really like. The apparel industry in Australia
is doing well internationally and the Aussie made fashion attire is
now getting popular among international fashion freaks.
Nice blog here! Also your site loads up fast! What host are you using?
Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my
website loaded up as fast as yours lol
It’s amazing for me to have a web site, which is beneficial designed for my
experience. thanks admin
Thank you, keep reading!