Organic is not a thing; it is not a product. It is a philosophy: a way of thought and a way of living, based on the awareness that everything is connected and everything is in relationship with everything else. If you do just one thing—make one conscious choice—that can change the world, go organic. Buy organic food. Support organic farmers. No other single choice you can make to improve the health of your family and the planet will have greater positive repercussions for our future.— Melody Meyer
In addition to writing Organic Matters Blog, Melody Meyer leads Source Organic, a company dedicated to Education, Advocacy, and Thought Leadership (EAT) for the organic industry. Learn more about our services below.
Our Education Services offer both in-person and online training sessions for businesses and professionals. We cover a wide range of material including:
- Understanding the basic tenets of organic food and agriculture
- Understanding the organic marketplace
- Understanding and staying current with industry news, policy and regulatory updates
Our advocacy programs for the organic industry include:
- Personalized policy and regulatory services with the USDA and the NOP.
- We petition for the addition or removal of materials from the NOP National List
- We represent and track your interests in regulatory and legislative actions.
Our organic industry thought leadership services include:
- Customized writing services for your website, publication or project
- News and information about what’s happening in the organic industry
- Organic Matters Blog